- To understand research, teaching and learning needs of its users through comprehensive user needs assessment.
- Acquire information resources in both print and electronic format that satisfy user needs
- To classify and organize library materials for easy access and retrieval of information
- To preserve and ensure long lasting availability of information by repairing mutilated materials and curbing lose of library collection and resources through theft.
- To provide qualified personnel to serve students, staff, and other patrons
- To develop and maintain the collections, and evaluate services and activities on continual basis.
- To ensure safety and security of the library users through easily accessible and/or emergency measures and equipment.
- To keep abreast with emerging technologies in field of library and information management through seminars, workshops and continued learning.
Library Core Values
We are committed to:
- Providing outstanding library service to our polytechnic community
- Supporting research, teaching, and learning with our collections and services
- Upholding high standards of intellectual freedom for the exploration of diverse perspectives and ideas
- Fostering an environment of open communication, teamwork, professionalism, and respect amongst our users and library personnel
- Adapting to the changing needs of our users utilizing innovative ideas, technologies, and services