- Reference materials are to be used only within the library.
- Students will be required to deposit students’ identity cards in exchange
- Only two (2) items may be taken at a time for 2 hours only.
- Late fee charges of Kshs. 20 per hour.
Lending and Borrowing
- Student ID cards must be produced in order to borrow an item.
- Each card can borrow 2 books at a time.
- Information materials borrowed and not returned on due date will be charged Ksh. 20 per day per item.
- Borrowers will be responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken.
- A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself / herself or requesting the library to replace it.
- Users are required to produce books / items being taken out of the library for inspection.
- Students are required to sign up for the use of the computers before using them.
- Computers should not be used for playing games, music or searching pornographic sites.
- Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer.
- If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it, kindly report to the librarian.
- You are only allowed to use the computer for a time allocated by the librarian.
- Typing of research projects and / or personal works is prohibited.
- Downloading / storage of your work shall be done using flash disks and or CDS.
- The librarian may at his / her discretion lock you out without notice if you are found to be violating the rules.
- Bags, handbags, envelopes must be left on the shelf at the library entrance.
- Marks of defaces made on library materials is prohibited.
- Cell phones must be switched off.
- Silence must be strictly observed in and around the library.
- No food and beverages allowed in the library.
- Smoking is restricted in the library
- Personal textbooks are not allowed in the library
- The library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.